4 Must Know Things About The Collinpur Beach Of AndamanAndaman being beautiful as it is, is known for its beaches, corals, forests, marine life and water sports. It is an exclusive place that holds surprises, mysteries, rare flora and fauna really close to its heart. Apart from this there are many wondrous things associated with the Andaman and Nicobar group of Islands like the parrots of the Parrot Island, the snakes of the Viper Island, the history of the Cellular Jail and many more.
You have read about many places within the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, there is another wonderful addition to the list of all the great places to see and enjoy within this group of islands, Collinpur. This island is only about 36 kilometers from the city of Port Blair and can be easily accessed via road. The Collinpur Beach is the closest beach to the Port Blair city, only second to the Corbyn Cove.
But unlike the latter, the Collinpur Beach, is not at all crowded as it is not considered to be among the major attractions of the region. The best part about a visit to this beach is that, of you are a lone traveler or a couple seeking privacy and peace, then you are most likely to find solace here, as it is almost empty. It seems like a heavenly, untouched beauty which you can enjoy and keep all to yourself.
Apart from the virgin beach itself, there are quite few advantages of being at this beach as it is quite strategically located. Several renowned tourist attractions are very easily accessible via this specific beach, as are listed below:
1. Nearby Places to seeThe proximity of some of the most popular tourist destinations at Port Blair make Collinpur, an exclusive place to visit.
- The Cellular Jail is only 1 kilometer away from the Collipur Beach
- The famous Ross and Smith Island is only about 1.7 kilometers from Collinpur
- The Water Sports Complex at Jolly Buoy Island is about 5.5 kilometers from Collinpur
- The Historic Anthropological Museum is only around 1.9 kilometers
- Even the North Bay Island is only 1.9 kilometer from the Beach
2. Nearby Places To ShopThe diverse places to shop around the Beach add to the fun factor of the place, since tourists can take home many local souvenirs and apparels from here.
- The Sagarika Government Emporium is at a distance of only 5.5 kilometers
- The Aberdeen Bazaar is only 0.9 kilometers from the Collinpur Beach
3. Nearby Places To EatThe cozy shacks and the great sea food found near the beach also adds to the exclusiveness of the place.
- The Icy Spicy Restaurant is among the most famous places to eat, located only 5.5 kilometers away
- The Kattabomman is a great place for those who love the local cuisine, only 5.5 kilometers from the beach
- The Lighthouse Residency is another great place to eat, about 5.5 kilometers, offering great homely food
- Hotel Annapurna is an exclusive place offering both local and Bengali cuisine for the frequent Bengali tourists
- The Full Moon Cafe is a great place for youngsters, newlyweds and couple, situated at a distance of only 0.8 kilometers
4. Nearby Places To StayThe great hotels and resorts surrounding the Collinpur region, make it an excellent place to lodge and turning it in to your primary lodging location.
- The Rose Valley Port Blair Island Retreat at a distance of 9.8 km is the largest and most famous place to stay
- The Hotel Shompen is a humble and cheap option for budget stays, located at a proximity of 1.2 km
- Another budget hotel situated at a distance of only 1.8 km is Hotel Shreesh
- Then there is Hotel Diviyum Manor, that is only 2.8 km from Collipur, but is also a massive luxury place to lodge in
- The Classic Regency is also among the budget hotels for those who like to travel more than coop up in the hotel room
Apart from these factors, this beach is only around 2.2 kilometers from the Vir Savarkar Airport of Port Blair, which is the primary Airport receiving both domestic and international flights at the Andaman and Nicobar Island. Although, there may not be a lot to see at the Collinpur Beach, but the peace and serenity with the shallow water and flawless white sandy shores, make it one of the best places to bathe or swim and rejuvenate in the lap of nature.