7 Reasons to Visit the Sippighat Agricultural Farm in Wandoor AndamanThe Andaman and Nicobar Islands never fail to surprise us, when it comes to offering a versatile range of tourist attractions. It satisfies the hunger for variety in case of the places to visit and see for different kinds of travelers. Be it historians, be it ornithologist or bird watchers, be it adventurists, be it honeymooners or be it family vacationers, the Andaman and Nicobar group of islands can make everyone happy.
The place is relaxing, has a rich history and culture and offers great food accompanied by adventurous activities in the lap of nature. Although the place houses some very interesting tourist attractions, it houses a very unique destination, referred to as the Sippighat Agricultural Farm. Completely different from the other tourist destinations, this farm provides a totally different experience within Andaman, which is otherwise known for its beaches and pristine sea water. This special agricultural farm is located in the Wandoor region of the Andaman and is only about 15 kilometers from Port Blair.
It may sound like a place in which very few people may be interested but the reasons mentioned below will change your mind about the farm. Whenever you are traveling to a place, try not to go there with any pre-conceived notions as that limits the fun and joy factor associated with a trip or vacation. Let’s find out the reasons why tourists must visit the Sippighat Agricultural Farm of Wandoor.
7 Reasons to Visit the Sippighat Agricultural Farm
1. Unlike, popular belief, this specific farm doesn’t look like a barren land covered by tall grass, as it is surrounded by dense greenery, lending a picturesque view to the area and making it an ideal picnic spot for families and couples.
2. This area is maintained and owned by the Government of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the Central Agricultural Research Institute, which are responsible for and engaged in pursuing studies about spice cultivation and researching methods to improve the cultivation at the same time.
3. The Sippighat Agricultural Farm is spread across an area of almost 80 acres and is still under development and research intended to contribute towards the development of horticulture, not just in Andaman but across India.
4. The farm is used to grow a large variety of spices that include nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and even pepper, which are in turn exported to numerous foreign countries from India. A visit to the farm will expose you to the smell of the fresh spices hovering all around you and you can get accustomed with the process of growing spices.
5. Apart from being just a farm and a decent picnic spot, the place is also great for bird-watching since the surrounding vegetation houses a variety of birds belonging to different species, some of which are quite rare, such as the Eurasian Curlew, Pacific Golden-Plover, Mongolian Plover etc.
6. Another great thing about the farm is that it is only few kilometers away from the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, which is one of the most popular tourist attractions of the Wandoor region. The proximity of the farm to the park, adds to the availability of a variety of fauna and flora surrounding the area
7. Last, but surely not the least, the famous SAI Water Sports Complex, is only a kilometer away from the farm, so tourists can not only enjoy nature’s beauty, have a picnic in the lap of greenery but also enjoy the white sandy beaches and engage in water adventure sports, if they like
These reasons, make the Sippighat Agricultural Farm, a complete tourist attraction as it offers many things within a single packaged place. It is a great destination to spend the whole day, enjoying every bit that the Andaman has to offers its visitors. So try to take a day off to visit this beautiful and unique spot to see a whole new side of the group of Islands.