8 Things You Cannot Miss At Neil IslandThe Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a dream come true for every traveler belonging to any part of the world. It is basically a conglomeration of islands offering a variety of activities and places to be visited. Starting from old dilapidated and earthquake struck buildings to pristine white sand sea beaches, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are capable of pleasing the senses of different genres of travelers.
These islands thrive on the tourism business and receive a high percentage of foreign tourists throughout the year. It is a union territory of India and a land away from the land of the mainland of the Indian sub-continent. One of the most popular islands among this group of islands is the Neil Island. This island is located at a distance of 37 kms towards the southern end of the Andaman Islands, from the capital, that is Port Blair and can be reached via a speed boat ride. It is one of the smallest islands of this conglomeration of islands but is also one of the most frequently visited tourist spots.
The island offers everything that nature can hold giving it the appearance of bowl of bio-diversity. This specific island makes for an ideal holiday spot for the lovers of nature and the Eco-friendly tourists. This place not only houses a green and rich vegetation within a forest, due to which it acquired the name ‘vegetable bowl’ of the Andaman, but also is home to numerous other attractions which make it a must visit for all travelers of the Andaman.
8 Things Not to be Missed on the Neil Island1. The Neil island is surrounded by an unexplored coral reef which encircles the island and can be enjoyed through a boat ride which has glass floors.
2. Snorkeling also known as sea-walking is a highly predominant activity in this island and tourists can take part in this activity to take a closer look at the corals.
3. Scuba diving or under water sea diving, can also be enjoyed here with the help of trainers, who take you to the best parts of the sea under water where you can see the lively sea life and even touch and feel it.
4. Now the island holds something unique which is barely found on the other islands, that is trekking, due to the availability of a massive forest with a rich flora and fauna.
5. Foreigners can enjoy sun bathing on the clear white beaches lines by wooden recliners alongside beer shacks.
7. Fishing is also a full-fledged activity here and in case tourists are able to catch a fish or a lobster, they can request the nearby shack owners or the cooks at the hotel to prepare a local delicacy with their catch.
8. Exploring the island on two-wheels is another great activity to do. Tourists can hire bikes and cruise through the entire island at their own leisure.
These activities are a must do if you are visiting the Neil Island at the Andaman, as they are much more developed and organized here compared to the other islands. So make sure that you indulge in all of them, if you are planning to visit or revisit the haven of sea beaches and natural bio-diversities called the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0